WeeklySport

Wednesday 12 September 2012

FRANKIE'S FLUTTERS

THE CHAMPIONS League returns in football this week and the tie that sticks out is Manchester City's visit to Real Madrid on Tuesday.
Last season City failed to even make the group stages but this time round I am convinced they will do much better - even though they have the unenviable task of coping with Borussia Dortmund and Ajax, as well as Madrid in their group.
I take them to grab a draw - 1-1 or 2-2 in the Bernabeu - to emphasise their credentials.
OK, Madrid have got Ronaldo but have they really got as many other players who are better than City's? I would argue not.
I can see Tevez scoring and Aguero too, if fit.
The only thing I would say that worries me about City is Mancini's continued reliance on the lumbering Edin Dzeko. The striker cost £30million but is too slow of thought and action. Balotelli is your man, Roberto, rather than Dzeko if you want to replace Aguero or Tevez at some stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment