WeeklySport

Wednesday 4 July 2012

HAMILTON CAN WIN AT SILVERSTONE

Motor Racing

I AM backing Lewis Hamilton to get right back on track in the Formula One drivers' title race by winning at Silverstone on Sunday.
Lewis is due a big break after suffering at the recent European GP in Valencia.
The great Briton lost his chance to stay at the top of the rankings after crashing out on the penultimate lap after a smash involving Pastor Maldonado.
There is talk that the young Venezuelan Maldonado will seek 'revenge' on Lewis at Sunday's British GP after the events in Valencia.

Maldonado drove Lewis off the circuit - depriving him of 12 points and the leadership in the drivers' championship.
Stewards blamed Maldonado for the incident and stripped him of his 10th place finish - hence the claim that he will now be looking to wreck Lewis's dream of winning on home territory.
I do not believe for one minute that he will do that - he is a professional driver and will be doing his best to finish as high up the field as he can for Williams. That will be his priority - not sabotaging a fellow driver!
Lewis last won at Silverstone in 2008 and I can see him repeating that feat on Sunday - he certainly sounded confident at a Press conference this week.
He said: 'Winning at Silverstone was the highlight of my career after becoming world champion. I want to get back up there, hear the national ­anthem and see the crowd. Silverstone is one that I look forward to. That’s the one you want to win.
'Winning was just the most incredible feeling – and I always remember leading the race in 2008 and coming through Abbey. Every time I made it as ­everyone else was spinning off everyone would stand up and cheer. It was horrible weather. But they didn’t care.
'And when I got my pole position in 2007, I could feel the roar of the crowd above my engine noise. I hope to do them proud again this year.'
I am sure you will, Lewis. So go win it for all of us Brits who love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment