WeeklySport

Wednesday 20 June 2012

FRANKIE'S EURO 2012 FLUTTERS - RIGHT AGAIN, CHAPS

FRANKIE’S FLUTTERS

RIGHT ON THE NAIL LAST WEEK –AGAIN

Last week, I wrote….

‘This week I predict that England will beat Sweden 2-1 or 3-2, with Andy Carroll among the goals. I also think they will then at least draw with Ukraine. I don’t hold out much luck for the Irish, though. I fear they will lose to Spain and to Italy, and end up bottom of their group.’ 

And at the start of the tournament I was the only Fleet Street hack to predict that the Dutch would exit at the group stage.

This week I predict that England will beat Italy, probably in extra time or on penalties and that Greece will prove a much more stubborn obstacle against the Germans than people expect – as will France against Spain – and that Portugal will beat the Czech Republic. 

I also predict that Portugal will reach the final – they have the best player in the tournament in Cristiano Ronaldo, and the boy is just coming into magnificent form.

(For more information on Frank and his bestselling sports books, see www.frankworrall.com)

Weekly Sport readers can buy Frank’s insightful book on Sir Alex Ferguson for the special price of only £2.74 on Kindle (retail price £17.99 for the hardback)…go to http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Fergie-Wonderland-Biography-ebook/dp/B00603XJB8/ref=sr_1_7?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1326291046&sr=1-7





No comments:

Post a Comment